Handmade in Melbourne in small batches. This speckled mug is made out of reclaimed stoneware clay and a wood ash glaze.
The Wood Ash Mug
- Mug Size: W10 x H6.5
- Size, shape and markings will vary due to its natural, handcrafted production.
- Handmade in Melbourne, Australia
- All ceramic pieces are made from stoneware clay, finished with a buttery, matte, wood-ash glaze, and fired to over 1200°C.
- All pieces are oven and microwave safe, however hand washing your pieces is preferred over a dishwasher to keep your pieces looking their best.
- Due to the absorbent nature of the matte glaze, your pieces will begin to develop character over time, simply give your piece a light scrub with some warm water mixed with baking soda to lift stains.
Working from her home studio in North Warrandyte, Kristin uses both wheel throwing and hand-building techniques to create minimal ceramic pieces that speak to an elegant simplicity.
Balancing artistic expression with functionality, the handcrafted pieces are custom-made either individually or in small batches.
Kristin’s aesthetic is influenced by her love of, and relationship with, nature. Her works contrast organic textures and a muted colour palette, paying respect to the raw materials used.